What information is collected
The information gathered when you interact with Red Cedar Technology Services falls into two categories:
Red Cedar Technology does not collect sensitive personal information such as information specifying medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, and religious or philosophical beliefs in the conduct of its business operations.
AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TOOLS
Red Cedar Technology uses automated data collection tools including cookies to monitor activities on its website.
Cookies are tiny elements of data that are placed on a computer’s hard drive by a web browser when a website is accessed. Cookies are used for the purpose of authenticating clients, providing time-saving shortcuts and preferences or sending targeted advertisements to potential customers based on their browsing habits.
The cookies are set in order to track activities on Red Cedar Technology website for our internal marketing and statistics purposes as well as to create the best browsing experience for the users returning to our site by remembering their preferences such as form field values. The cookies used by Red Cedar Technology are completely anonymous and do not contain any personally identifiable information.
How information is used
Red Cedar Technology collects and uses personal information in the conduct of its regular business operations and activities, such as, for example:
- Personal information such as: name, address, email address, telephone and facsimile number, company affiliation, title, etc. that you give us for example when you contact us via our contact form on the web, create a Customer Portal account, or when you interact with our sales people,
- Non-personal information such as: IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, etc. collected automatically through various data collection tools (cookies, web beacons, etc.)
Anonymous Information collected by Red Cedar Technology may be used among others:
- to contact customers in response to their queries and communication requests;
- to provide requested software licenses and technical support;
- to provide requested product updates and upgrades, special offers, pricing information, newsletters, and other information;
- to undertake any other promotional activities where the customer has consented to such promotional activities;
- in connection with license keys, access codes or other information as may be required to permit access to RCT’s websites or servers to receive products, updates or services;
- to help verify that existing personal information in our possession is accurate and complete;
- to determine the country of customer location for compliance purposes (including without limitation export compliance) and for security, anti-piracy, and fraud prevention purposes;
- to verify compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations;
At Red Cedar Technology we respect other individuals’ right to make decisions about the manner in which our company uses their personal information. For example, customers have a right to “opt out” from the marketing email distribution or participation in a support survey by clicking on the unsubscribe link in an email or by submitting a written request to email@example.com. Visitors to Red Cedar’s website have also an option of deleting or rejecting cookies and other automated data collection tools by adjusting the cookies settings in their browsers.
TRANSFER TO THIRD PARTIES
Red Cedar Technology uses caution when sharing personal information about their customers with third parties. Such disclosure is usually limited to third parties such as Red Cedar Technology’s affiliates, resellers and OEM remarketers and the purpose for such disclosure is compatible with the primary purpose, for which the personal information was originally collected.
Personal information may sometimes be disclosed to other third parties in furtherance of the primary sales and customer support related activities or fulfillment of other contractual obligations, or as otherwise required by law. These recipients may include third parties acting as an agent to perform tasks on behalf of and under the instructions of Red Cedar Technology, such as, for example, sub-contractors, legal advisors, or consultants. Personal information may also be disclosed, as appropriate, to taxation authorities, law enforcement authorities, or other regulatory bodies.
Red Cedar Technology is committed to protecting the security of your personal information and has therefore implemented reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards designed to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. For example, the personal information we collect is stored on computer systems with limited access, which are located in a controlled facility. When we transmit confidential information over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
DATA ACCESS AND INTEGRITY
Red Cedar Technology strives to maintain the accuracy and integrity of the personal information maintained in its databases. Customers who have been granted access to the customer support portal can self-verify and update online the following types of information: name, phone number, email, etc. All individuals seeking to update or correct their personal information or to change their communication preference with Red Cedar Technology should contact the appropriate Account Manager or email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Cedar Technology
4572 S. Hagadorn Road, Suite 3A
East Lansing, MI 48823
Attention: Marcus Rademacher
Or by email: email@example.com
CHANGES TO POLICY
This policy may be amended from time to time, with or without notice to you. Red Cedar Technology recommends that you revisit this page frequently, so you are aware of any changes. Such revisions will apply to information maintained at the time of the change.
- to personalize customer experience with this website and related web resources;
- to improve the functionality of Red Cedar’s website, products and services; and
- for other historical, statistical or research and analysis purposes.