East Lansing, MI (March 20, 2017) - Siemens PLM Software is pleased to announce the Optimize This! 2017 International HEEDS Conference scheduled for June 20, 2017. Optimize This! 2017 brings individuals responsible for product development together to learn and share how HEEDS is being used in a wide variety of industries and applications to help discover better designs, faster! The setting gives attendees the chance to participate in deeper discussions about design exploration challenges and innovations. The conference will feature presentations from key stakeholders and industry leaders currently using HEEDS to automate their design exploration processes.
East Lansing, MI (November 3, 2016) -- Red Cedar Technology is pleased to announce the immediate availability of HEEDS 2016.10. Please login to your Customer Portal and choose HEEDS MDO 2016.10 from the Software and Documentation section.
This new release contains exciting new capabilities to help you Discover Better Designs, Faster. Some highlights are:
- Ability to nest HEEDS projects - Useful for having inner design exploration loops that maximize or minimize specific objectives during a design study.
- Support for Functional Mock-up Unit format (FMU) - Virtual models exported from any product that supports the FMU standard can now be incorporated in your HEEDS process workflow.
- Save plot animations to video files - Capture design exploration animations to share with others.
- Import external study designs - Easily compare and overlay results across projects or from experimental sources.
- Power on Demand (POD) Licensing - POD offers the flexibility to deploy HEEDS resources when and how you need from any private/public cluster, network or on cloud infrastructures. HEEDS Power-on-Demand Solution can be purchased by users that have at least one actively maintained HEEDS license.
- Display result plots in process workflow - Visualize and animate results for the process workflow.
Munich, Germany (January 25, 2016) -- Siemens and CD-adapco have entered into a stock purchase agreement for the acquisition of CD-adapco by Siemens. The purchase price is $970 million. CDadapco is a global engineering simulation company with software solutions covering a wide range of engineering disciplines including Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Solid Mechanics (CSM), heat transfer, particle dynamics, reactant flow, electrochemistry, acoustics and rheology. Last fiscal year, CD-adapco had over 900 employees and revenue of close to $200 million with software-typical double digit margins. On average, CD-adapco increased its revenue at constant currencies by more than 12 percent annually over the past three fiscal years. Siemens expects this business to continue to experience strong growth in the future.
• Siemens expands portfolio for industry software
• CD-adapco a leader in computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation
• Purchase price of $970 million
East Lansing, MI (December 22, 2015) -- Red Cedar Technology is pleased to announce Optimize This! 2016, the International HEEDS User Conference, scheduled for October 11-14, 2016 at The Dearborn Inn Marriott Hotel in Dearborn, Michigan. Optimize This! 2016 will bring individuals responsible for product development together to learn and share how HEEDS is being used in a wide variety of industries and applications to help discover better designs, faster! With over a hundred attendees from across the globe, Optimize This! 2016 is a special event. The setting gives attendees the chance to participate in deeper discussions about design exploration challenges and innovations in their area of interest. The conference will feature presentations from key stakeholders and industry leaders currently using HEEDS to automate their design exploration processes.
East Lansing, MI (July 29, 2013) – Red Cedar Technology, Inc. announced today that it has released a new full-featured portal linking HEEDS to the MSC Adams product line, including Adams/View, Adams/Car, and Adams/Chassis.
“This new portal brings the power of HEEDS optimization to multibody dynamics in a very simple and straightforward way. It has dramatically improved our design process,” states Jesper Slattengren of Pratt & Miller, a vehicle dynamics specialist and an advisor to Red Cedar Technology on the new capabilities. “HEEDS combined with Adams allows us to find feasible vehicle designs within highly constrained performance requirements in less time than we ever thought possible. We have used this capability to win significant new vehicle design business for our organization.”